Thu, Oct 26|
New You Cafe
Visual Sketch Noting for Students
Visual Sketch noting for Students helps students to build confidence in drawing, thinking, and listening.
Time & Location
Oct 26, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+8
New You Cafe, 8 Sin Ming Rd, #01 03, Singapore 575628
About the event
Research shows that the key to learning and engagement is emotion. Visual storytelling takes advantage of our brains preference for visual information over text. By intentionally using and creating visual icons and stories, we are activating our learner's intuitive right brain and triggering emotional connections, stimulating imagination, boosting retention and big-picture thinking. This will helps students to communicate with more confidence and impact.
Our session will provide you with a foundation of the tools, and techniques of studying and thinking visually, as well as hands-on practice in using visual tools for ideas generation, creating an impactful presentation, individual and group learning.
- Include visual note taking in the classroom and presentations
- Build your confidence in drawing, thinking, and listening
- Effectively incorporate more visuals into your studies for greater impact and engagement
- Use visual tools to enhance learning and communications on many levels
- Learn how to make a visual summary, creative note-taking for both design modules and theory lectures.
- 3 ways you can create more engagement in studies using visuals, aim to help students gain more out of lectures & presentations.
- Elements of visual storytelling
Your child will learn the fundamentals of thinking and working visually. They will learn how to :
SHOW IT - recognize the value in working visually and identify her current strengths in visual learning skills
DRAW IT - use simple visual building blocks to draw any object or idea! Learn the basics of conceptual thinking and association to create simple and engaging metaphors to boost learning and memory
EXPERIENCE IT - Build her visual literacy with sketch noting formats and applications to learning
CATCH IT - opportunity to apply all of the visual thinking, learning, and drawing skills into a fun hands-on holiday adventure activity. Each of the 4 learning sessions will be packed with hands-on activities, group learning and accelerated learning methodologies to address the continuous question in a young learners mind: "Why is this important to me"? and engage the young learners' preference of learning through play.
*This programme is specially designed for students from Pri 3 onwards*** No drawing skills required*****Parental involvement is a significant factor in a child's academic success. We invite parents to learn together with their child for FREE***